Cattle sales continue to soar and core services are reporting record enrollment and participation.
- Over 10,000 registrations were recorded in September, putting the association on target to achieve its goal of 75,000 for the year.
- Enrollment in REAP grew to an all-time record of 114,572 cows in 765 herds. Enrollment in all performance programs also stands at a record 118,772 cows.
- Equity support is 6% above this time last year, with 1,021 investors as of September.
- JMS sales surpassed $2.5 million for the month.
Averages from recent sales …
· New York Fall Sale: $1,930 on 255 lots
· Vermont State Sale: $1,756 on 391 lots
· Top of the World Sale: $3,558 on 30 lots
· Dairyland Protein Sale: $2,483 on 154 lots
· Cave Creek Dispersal: $1,940 on 70 lots
That makes for lots of excitement heading into Louisville for The All American Shows and Sales …
It all begins with Junior Day on Saturday, November 3. The Junior Show begins at 8:00 a.m., followed by the Pot O’Gold Sale and concluding with the Junior Banquet recognizing more than 60 outstanding Jersey youth from across the country and the selection of the 2007 National Jersey Queen and court.
As always, the National Jersey Jug Futurity will take center stage just after noon on Sunday, November 4, with The 55th All American Sale starting at 4:30 p.m. A special note for those interested in next year’s conference on Jersey: An informational session will be held at 11:00 a.m. in Newmarket Hall, with representatives of the Royal Agricultural & Horticultural Society and the World Jersey Cattle Bureau present to answer all of your questions. Don’t miss it!
Monday, November 5 caps the 2007 show year, with the 55th All American Jersey Show.
If you can’t be in Louisville, don’t despair. NAILE will again provide streaming video from Freedom Hall throughout the show.
A reminder about the National Jersey Queen Contest …
Entry forms are due in the office on Monday, October 15. For eligibility rules and application forms, click here.